Inspiration

Rev 22:1 And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the 5throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street. ~~~ Live in the USA? Get a free Bible and free Christian books

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Beetle Beetle BEETLE!




The Japanese Beetles are out in force now.  The hot weather brings them.  But what is this?  A Giant Ladybug?  Nope, this is a Grapevine Beetle.  (Sometimes called a spotted June beetle.)  Though much bigger, they are far less destructive.

Enjoy!

~ Robin

1 comment:

  1. Great beetle photos! When I collected insects in
    my teens and twenties (40+years ago) we didn't
    have a common name (Grapevine) for this beetle.
    We called it Pelidnota punctata or Spotted
    Pelidnota, and I didn't see very many of them.
    I enjoyed seeing it in your post with the
    Popillia japonica. Oh, I hate to be the one to
    say it, but the bird with food in its mouth in
    your July 21st post is a Song Sparrow. Great
    photo though!
    Hap in New Hope

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting!