Inspiration

Rev 22:1 And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the 5throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street. ~~~ Live in the USA? Get a free Bible and free Christian books

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Not-so-baby Red-Bellied Woodpecker

I've been watching a pair of Red-bellied woodpeckers this spring.   They were busy excavating the nest and preparing.  It seemed certain that the nest had babies,  but I began to doubt if this was indeed the nest.  No babies were seen ... until today.

It seems there is just one, but it is difficult to tell if there are others behind or below this one.  They built this nest deep.  Earlier in the year they could be heard working on it, but not seen until popping their head out to drop debris.  The depth might be why babies were not visible until now.
As I watched this one chirp and beg for food, I recognized the cry from other walks.  Walks spent wondering - where are the babies?  There they are!

Hope you enjoyed!

~ Robin

1 comment:

  1. How lucky are you! I have never seen Red-bellied babes.. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for commenting!